My 10 tips for saving money during the back-to-school season:
1. Take inventory of what you have.
2. Make a list of what you need before you even think of going out to shop. This pertains to any kind of shopping, not just grocery stores. Make notes of sizes and color preferences.
3. Know the regular prices of things so you know a good deal when you see it.
4. Shop thrift stores - You never know what you'll find and the stores add items every day so keep going back.
5. Shop garage sales - especially good for kids clothes.
6. Shop dollar stores - some good bargains on school supplies
7. Don't take kids with you. (except for shoe shopping)
8. Many items go on sale after schools start so wait when you can.
9. Check the internet for coupons & deals.
10. DON'T BUY WHAT YOU DON'T NEED. This can save you lots of money.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Staples blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.